
Not the usual postings you are accustomed to here but I have sad news to report.
As of 3:01 pm Monday October 27, 2008 the company I work for was forced to decrease their employee size by 50% across the nation. This has affected nearly 150 people with husband wives children and family that are dependent on them for not just the money their jobs brought but also the confidence that tomorrow is going to be OK. I know this because I am part of the 50% who is now a statistic. I am not sure what happens next. I have done the basics to start the new job hunt...updated my resume, Monster and Careerbulider.com profiles.
It is hard to not feel like I have let my future wife (Snaps) down. We have just under eight weeks till our wedding. We have some big dreams that are not paid for yet. It is going to take some serious attention and budgeting. We are not going to lose our home, we aren't going to have to eat cat food. Between the two of us we do have an emergancy fund even though much of this money has been earmarked as wedding and honeymoon funds.
I know with her love for me and mine for her we can not only have the wedding we both want but continue to have the life we deserve. Be it filled with tuna-noddle casseroles but it will be one of LOVE.
No comments:
Post a Comment